I came up with this idea years ago after I had Kettle Corn for the first time during college. Trying to recreate it in my dorm room I popped some corn in my hot air popper and drizzled maple syrup on top. Although it wasn’t exactly Kettle Corn, it was REALLY GOOD!
I now have a Whirly Pop which is an invaluable tool if your family loves popcorn like mine does! We use coconut oil since it can tolerate the high heat needed to make popcorn.
- Bowl of freshly popped popcorn
- Pure maple syrup
- Sea salt
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Drizzle maple syrup over popcorn shaking bowl to make sure all kernels get some of the goodness.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and yeast, if using, or any other topping you may like.
- Enjoy, but make sure to have some wet towels available; this can get a little sticky.